In the last five years, the Digital Entertainment industry in New Orleans has expanded rapidly with increasing numbers of companies starting in, or moving to the city. Early companies in this space included companies in web design, visual effects, audio and visual production, and computer services and support. Thanks to the State of Louisiana’s aggressive Digital Media tax credit program, this cluster of companies has since expanded to include full-service digital agencies, mobile application developers, and game and software developers.
NOLABA activities to support Digital Entertainment:
To capture and sustain the momentum of Digital Entertainment growth, the New Orleans Business Alliance has developed a special NODE initiative to market and support the cluster of New Orleans-based companies. NODE certified companies must fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Music/Sound Recording
- Film/TV Production
- Interactive Digital Media
- Live Entertainment
Ultimately, NODE is a means to develop a sustainable cluster of inter-related digital entertainment businesses.
The cluster will not only attract new companies that can take advantage of the state’s unique tax incentives, but also major players who can cross-pollinate with existing NODE companies. NODE will provide an opportunity to add value to New Orleans’ greatest renewable natural resource – its creative talent.
Near Term NODE Objectives:
- Connect existing Digital Entertainment cluster companies with resources in the business community such as location assistance, tax credit assistance, talent recruitment assistance, etc.
- Quantify and track the growth of the Digital Entertainment sector in New Orleans as a means to attract capital investment and more companies to the region.
- Create a forum for Digital Entertainment companies in New Orleans to identify common issues and provide the means for opportunity and collaboration.
- Provide a marketing platform and networking tool for Digital Entertainment companies in New Orleans.
Long Term NODE Initiatives:
- Infrastructure development and the creation of a high-speed broadband corridor
- Workforce development and training
- Entrepreneurship programs and new venture development
+ View NODE Whitepaper